Persian Rug Village is a voice of authority on rugs, kilims, home interiors
and hand-crafted gifts in Scotland.
The Persian Rug Village first opened in Morningside, Edinburgh in 1990. Since then we have built a reputation
as a leading centre of excellence and expertise in oriental rugs and kilims.
- We stock antique rugs, decorative rugs, fine rugs, kilims, runners and trappings.
- We offer a no-obligation Home Trial service so you can try before you buy!
- We offer advice and a personal service to our customers.
- We provide professional cleaning and repair services for handmade rugs.
- We also stock many different kinds of home interior items and hand-crafted gifts.
- We organise cultural events within the wider community.
We specialise in the finest quality traditional rugs, many of which are designed and created in our own workshops in Persia and Turkey.
The intimate relationship we have with our highly skilled craftsmen ensures a high degree of quality control and maintains the keenest possible prices for our customers in this competitive market.
We enjoy a close relationship with universities and colleges, offering classes and work experience to art students. These workshops involve carpet creation, repair, maintenance and more.
In Edinburgh, Persian Rug Village shares its knowledge with its customers and hosts regular talks on all aspects of oriental rugs.
- how to choose a good rug
- antique rugs
- dying wool
- how to prevent the mistreatment of rugs and minimise damage