Persian Rug Village has been the voice of authority in Scotland on handcrafted oriental rugs, kilims, furnishings and gifts for 25 years.
We specialise in sourcing the finest quality traditional rugs, many of which are designed and created in our own workshops in Iran and Turkey.
You will also find handcrafted home furnishings, including chairs, cushion covers, pouffes and throws, as well as an extensive range of giftware, including jewellery, scarves, bags, pottery and ceramics – many sourced directly from the makers themselves.
A handmade rug is an investment. To ensure you are happy with your purchase, and to maintain its quality for years to come, we offer the following services:
- A no-obligation home trial service or rug selection service so that at you can see how a rug looks in your home
- Professional cleaning, to maintain the colour and quality of your carpet
- Expert repair services, from weaving to dying, to restore the character and lustre of your carpet
- Insurance valuations on antique rugs
- Advice on selecting and maintaining a handmade rug
Hailing from Persia ourselves, we are able to develop close relationships with highly skilled craftsmen, ensuring a high degree of quality control.
In addition, we are able to monitor the supply chain closely, improving the economic welfare of our suppliers while maintaining the best possible prices for our customers.
We enjoy a close relationship with universities and colleges, offering classes and work experience to art students. These classes include carpet creation, repair, maintenance and more.
In our Edinburgh store, we host regular talks on all aspects of oriental rugs, including:
- how to choose a good rug
- dying wool
- how to prevent the mistreatment of rugs and minimise damage